Evergreen Seedlings For Sale [bare root]
Available now for pre-order, shipping begins in late March 2017
• Austrian Pine Seedlings •
• Bald Cypress Seedlings •
• Balsam Fir Seedlings •
• Black Hills Spruce Seedlings •
• Black Spruce Seedlings •
• Canadian Hemlock Seedlings - sold out till Fall 2017, no other options available •
• Colorado Blue Spruce Seedlings •
• Concolor Fir Seedlings •
• Douglas Fir Seedlings •
• Eastern Red Cedar Seedlings sold out till Fall 2017 •
• Fraser Fir Seedlings - not available till Fall 2017, see plug seedlings •
• Norway Spruce Seedlings •
• Ponderosa Pine Seedlings •
• Red Pine Seedlings - discontinued in this size, see plug seedlings, plug transplants •
• Serbian Spruce Seedlings •
• Variety Packs of Evergreen Seedlings •
• White Cedar Seedlings - discontinued in this size, see plug seedlings, plug transplants •
• White Pine Seedlings •
• White Spruce Seedlings •
Confused about species? Try our Evergreen Tree Buyer's Guide >>
SHIPPING IN SPRING 2017:
These and other "bare root" evergreen trees can be pre-ordered now [pricing info], but our shipping schedule is filling up fast and earliest ship date is now the week of April 10 [shipping info]. Order soon to guarantee availability. To request a later or more specific ship date, please send us a follow up email after ordering. Shipping season for these specific bare root trees closes at the end of May 2017. If you need trees shipped earlier or later than the above dates, please look at our various sizes and species of plug seedlings and plug transplants, which can be shipped at nearly any time of year.
We offer cotton gift bag packaging and custom laser cut pendants for all sizes of bare root seedlings and transplants, sold separately in matching quantities.
What is a bare root evergreen seedling?
Germinated from seed directly in the ground and grown for one to two years, bare root seedlings are often transplanted by wholesalers for field growing, but require significant care during the first growing season after planting, especially during hot or dry weather. The major advantage of bare root seedlings is the low cost. The roots are packed in damp sphagnum moss and wrapped in plastic to retain moisture during shipping. Our bare root evergreen seedling sizes can range widely, from 4 to 20 inches [not including roots] depending on the species, but most of our bare seedlings average 6 to 14 inches. Please refer to the exact sizing info on each tree's specific page.
See also: Cotton Gift Bag Packaging
See also: Weddings: Using Seedlings as Wedding Favors