[a.k.a. Norway Pine]
Red Pine seedlings have been discontinued in this size, see Red Pine plug seedlings
A long-needled fast growing pine, Red Pine reach heights of up to 120 feet at maturity, with a bare trunk reaching over halfway up the tree. Their needles are up to 6 inches long, making for a very tall tree with a “crown” of branches and needles at the top.
Often found growing in sandy soils and rocky terrain, Red Pine adapt well to very poor soil and can live as long as 400 years. It does not tolerate shade, but does tolerate high winds and drier soils, and is naturally resistant to Dothistroma needle blight.
Red Pine are often planted for forest and wildlife habitat, and are common in most Northern States.
Red Pine seedlings: characteristics and info• prefers hardiness zones 3-6
• prefers full sun to partial shade
• mature height and spread: up to 120 ft high, 15-25 ft spread
• prefers sandy soils, light soils, rocky soils, does well in poor soils
• Penn State detailed info on Pinus resinosa
• Red Pine Sizes and Availability:
--- Red Pine plug seedlings [sold out till Fall 2021]
--- Red Pine plug transplants [discontinued]
--- Red Pine conservation grade plug transplants [discontinued]
• Comparable alternative species: Austrian Pine, Eastern White Pine, and Ponderosa Pine. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide
This species has been discontinued in this size, see Red Pine plug seedlings