White Spruce feature short, bluish-green needles and a nice overall appearance, great for ornamental uses. This evergreen species features a conical shape which spreads fairly wide at the base if planted in the open.
White Spruce transplants are excellent for use as windbreaks and privacy screens due to their generally thick growth combined with fast growth, an uncommon characteristic among evergreen trees. They also tend to retain needles better than most other spruces.
White Spruce transplants: characteristics and options• prefers hardiness zones 3-6
• prefers full sun to partial shade
• mature height and spread: up to 100 ft high, 20-25 ft spread
• does well in a wide range of soils
• Missouri Botanical Garden info on Picea glauca
• White Spruce Sizes and Availability:
--- White Spruce seedlings [pre-order now for Spring 2019]
--- White Spruce transplants [pre-order now for Spring 2019]
--- White Spruce plug seedlings [pre-order now for Spring 2019]
--- White Spruce plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- White Spruce conservation grade plug transplants [available in Fall 2019]
• order using the green e-commerce buttons (if visible), or use our evergreen mailorder form or our custom invoice request form
• Comparable alternative species: Black Spruce, Black Hills Spruce, Colorado Blue Spruce, Meyers Spruce, Norway Spruce and Serbian Spruce. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide
PRE-ORDER NOW FOR SPRING 2019!
These specific bare root evergreen trees are available for pre-order now and start shipping April 1, 2019. If you’d like to delay shipment to later in April or May of 2019, please specify that date in a follow up email after placing your order. If you need evergreen trees shipped before or after these dates, please look at our various sizes and species of plug seedlings and plug transplants, which can be shipped at nearly any time of year.