Many in the green industry consider the Serbian Spruce the most beautiful ornamental spruce, period. (Rick’s note: I have one in my own front yard, and I agree wholeheartedly).
FOR SALE, shipping starts Oct 21, 2019
Serbian Spruce feature short, dark green, flat needles (similar to a Hemlock) with a breeze revealing lovely silver undersides. At maturity, Serbian Spruce feature beautiful purple seed cones and a visually pleasing overall conical shape.
Quick Checkout: [about these links]
5-pack of Serbian Spruce plug transplants >> $47.00
10-pack of Serbian Spruce plug transplants >> $72.00
25-pack of Serbian Spruce plug transplants >> $155.00
50-pack of Serbian Spruce plug transplants >> $274.00 + free auger
* all prices include shipping and a one year guarantee*
Serbian Spruce are fast-growing, do well in full sun, and reach a height of up to 60 feet with a spread of 20 feet or more at the base. They prefer richer soils, but can do well in sandier soils if watered two to three times per week. Few natural pests or diseases affect Serbians other than White Pine Weevil, which, if discovered, is easily controlled with over the counter pesticides.
PLANT THESE PLUG TRANSPLANTS IN RECORD TIME:
Watch how to plant evergreen plug transplants fast and with less effort than any “bare root” evergreen transplant of a similar size. With just a cordless drill and our plug transplant bulb auger, you can realistically plant 50 to 100 trees per hour without breaking your back. You can buy this auger on the cheap with tree purchase, but with any order of 50 plug transplants or more [pls read that again, this offer is not for plug seedlings] we’ll include the auger for FREE!
Serbian Spruce plug transplants: characteristics and info
• prefers hardiness zones 4-7
• prefers full sun, but does ok in partial shade
• mature height and spread: up to 60 ft high, 20 ft spread
• prefers loamy sandy soils, but does well in a wide range of soils
• Missouri Botanical Garden info on Picea omorika
• Serbian Spruce Sizes and Availability:
--- Serbian Spruce seedlings [available in Fall 2020]
--- Serbian Spruce transplants [available in Fall 2020]
--- Serbian Spruce plug seedlings [available in Spring 2020]
--- Serbian Spruce plug transplants [FOR SALE, shipping starts Oct 21, 2019]
--- Serbian Spruce conservation grade plug transplants [sold out till Spring 2020]
• Comparable alternative species: Black Spruce, Black Hills Spruce, Colorado Blue Spruce, Meyers Spruce, Norway Spruce and White Spruce. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide