Serbian Spruce plug seedlings feature short, dark green, flat needles (similar to a Hemlock) with a breeze revealing lovely silver undersides. The Serbian Spruce features beautiful purple seed cones and a visually pleasing overall conical shape Many in the green industry consider the Serbian Spruce the most beautiful ornamental spruce, period.
The Missouri Botanical Garden web site for Serbian Spruce [link below] says it is “One of the most attractive spruces”. (Rick’s note: I have one in my own front yard, and I agree wholeheartedly).
Serbian Spruce plug seedlings are fast-growing, do well in full sun, and reach a height of up to 60 feet with a spread of 20 feet or more at the base. They prefer richer soils, but can do well in sandier soils if watered two to three times per week.
Few natural pests or diseases affect Serbians other than White Pine Weevil, which, if discovered, is easily controlled with over the counter pesticides.
PLANT IN RECORD TIME:
Watch how to plant evergreen seedling plugs faster and with less effort than any other type of “bare root” evergreen tree. With just a cordless drill, a garden cart or wheelbarrow, a 5 gallon bucket of water, and any old/dull/rusty 1 inch drill bit you have lying around, you can realistically plant one plug seedling per minute. Your back will thank us later 🙂
Serbian Spruce plug seedlings: characteristics and info• prefers hardiness zones 4-7
• prefers full sun, but does ok in partial shade
• mature height and spread: up to 60 ft high, 20 ft spread
• prefers loamy sandy soils, but does well in a wide range of soils
• Missouri Botanical Garden info on Picea omorika
• Serbian Spruce Sizes and Availability:
--- Serbian Spruce seedlings [pre-order now for Spring 2019]
--- Serbian Spruce transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- Serbian Spruce plug seedlings [pre-order now for Spring 2019]
--- Serbian Spruce plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- Serbian Spruce conservation grade plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
• order using the green buttons below (if visible), or use our evergreen mailorder form or our custom invoice request form
• Comparable alternative species: Black Spruce, Black Hills Spruce, Colorado Blue Spruce, Meyers Spruce, Norway Spruce and White Spruce. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide
PRE-ORDER NOW FOR SPRING 2019!
These specific evergreen plug seedlings are available for pre-order now and start shipping April 22, 2019. If you’d like to delay shipment to May or even June of 2019, please specify that date in a follow up email after placing your order.