Norway Spruce plug transplants are a fast growing, dark-green spruce with short needles. It’s pleasant appearance makes it ideal as an ornamental, and the growth rate of Norway Spruce plug transplants is well-suited to applications such as windbreaks and privacy screens. However, its foliage is not as dense as some other species, and so planting two rows of this species will provide better protection.
Norway Spruce are the dominant evergreen in Europe, and although they are not native to the US, they are commonly planted throughout the Northeast and as far south as Tennessee. They can survive even farther south if planted at higher elevation. However, Norway Spruce plug transplants are best suited to temperate climates, need full sun, and prefer richer soils. They can reach a jaw-dropping height of 200 feet, but most max out at a “merely impressive” 80 feet.
PLANT THESE PLUG TRANSPLANTS IN RECORD TIME:
Watch how to plant evergreen plug transplants fast and with less effort than any “bare root” evergreen transplant of a similar size. With just a cordless drill and our plug transplant bulb auger, you can realistically plant 50 to 100 trees per hour without breaking your back. You can buy this auger on the cheap with tree purchase, but with any order of 50 plug transplants or more [pls read that again, this offer is not for plug seedlings] we’ll include the auger for FREE!
Norway Spruce plug transplants: characteristics and info
• prefers hardiness zones 3-6
• prefers full sun to partial shade
• mature height and spread: 60-80 ft high, 30 ft spread
• prefers slightly acidic loamy soils, but is quite adaptable to a wide range of soils
• Morton Arboretum info on Picea abies
• Norway Spruce Sizes and Availability:
--- Norway Spruce seedlings [now shipping]
--- Norway Spruce transplants [now shipping]
--- Norway Spruce plug seedlings [pre-order now for Spring 2019]
--- Norway Spruce plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- Norway Spruce conservation grade plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
• order using the green e-commerce buttons (if visible), or use our evergreen mailorder form or our custom invoice request form
• Comparable alternative species: Black Spruce, Black Hills Spruce, Colorado Blue Spruce, Meyers Spruce, Serbian Spruce and White Spruce. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide
Prices below include all shipping and handling and a one year guarantee*:
5-pack for $47.00 (5 evergreen plug transplants)
10-pack for $72.00 (10 evergreen plug transplants)
25-pack for $155.00 (25 evergreen plug transplants)
50-pack for $274.00 (50 evergreen plug transplants)