White Spruce feature short, bluish-green needles and a nice overall appearance, great for ornamental uses. This evergreen species features a conical shape which spreads fairly wide at the base if planted in the open. White Spruce plug transplants are excellent for use as windbreaks and privacy screens due to their generally thick growth combined with fast growth, an uncommon characteristic among evergreen trees. They tend to retain needles better than most other spruces.
White Spruce are an important food source for grouse and other seed eating birds, as well as red squirrels.
White Spruce are native to the northern United States and Canada, and are very tolerant of cold windy conditions, partial shade and wet soils such as stream banks and lake shores. White Spruce habitat is generally from Indiana north, although they grow at higher elevations in lower states. They are the most northern species of tree in North America.
PLANT THESE PLUG TRANSPLANTS IN RECORD TIME:
Watch how to plant evergreen plug transplants fast and with less effort than any “bare root” evergreen transplant of a similar size. With just a cordless drill and our plug transplant bulb auger, you can realistically plant 50 to 100 trees per hour without breaking your back. You can buy this auger on the cheap with tree purchase, but with any order of 50 plug transplants or more [pls read that again, this offer is not for plug seedlings] we’ll include the auger for FREE!
White Spruce plug transplants: characteristics and info
• prefers hardiness zones 3-6
• prefers full sun to partial shade
• mature height and spread: up to 100 ft high, 20-25 ft spread
• does well in a wide range of soils
• Missouri Botanical Garden info on Picea glauca
• White Spruce Sizes and Availability:
--- White Spruce seedlings [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- White Spruce transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- White Spruce plug seedlings [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- White Spruce plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- White Spruce conservation grade plug transplants [available in Fall 2019]
• order using the green e-commerce buttons (if visible), or use our evergreen mailorder form or our custom invoice request form
• Comparable alternative species: Black Spruce, Black Hills Spruce, Colorado Blue Spruce, Meyers Spruce, Norway Spruce and Serbian Spruce. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide
Prices below include all shipping and handling and a one year guarantee*:
5-pack for $47.00 (5 evergreen plug transplants)
10-pack for $72.00 (10 evergreen plug transplants)
25-pack for $155.00 (25 evergreen plug transplants)
50-pack for $274.00 (50 evergreen plug transplants)