[a.k.a. American Arborvitae, Eastern Arborvitae]
White Cedar are great for windbreaks, privacy screens and hedges, and can reach heights of 40 feet and live as long as 800 years. Both the needles and the wood of White Cedar feature a pleasant fragrance.
White Cedar plug seedlings for sale, approx 5-10″ tall [click to enlarge]
Fairly shade tolerant (especially when young), White Cedar plug seedlings prefer full sun as they mature. This species is relatively resistant to insect pests, and its timber is used for poles, shakes and shingles due to its natural resistance to rot. White Cedar often turn a reddish or even purple color due to winter exposure, and to the untrained eye one might conclude that they are damaged or dying. However, this color change is quite normal, and the trees will green up quickly in the warmer weather of Spring.
PLANT IN RECORD TIME:
Watch how to plant evergreen seedling plugs faster and with less effort than any other type of “bare root” evergreen tree. With just a cordless drill, a garden cart or wheelbarrow, a 5 gallon bucket of water, and any old/dull/rusty 1 inch drill bit you have lying around, you can realistically plant one plug seedling per minute. Your back will thank us later 🙂
White Cedar plug seedlings: characteristics and info• prefers hardiness zones 3-9
• prefers full sun to partial shade
• mature height and spread: up to 40 ft high, 15-20 ft spread
• prefers dark loamy soils, damp locations, does well in a wide range of soils
• Boreal Forests Of The World
• White Cedar Sizes and Availability:
--- White Cedar plug seedlings [pre-order now for Spring 2019]
--- White Cedar plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- White Cedar conservation grade plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
• order using the green buttons below (if visible), or use our evergreen mailorder form or our custom invoice request form
• Comparable alternative species: Eastern Red Cedar [prefers drier soils]. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide
PRE-ORDER NOW FOR SPRING 2019!
These specific evergreen plug seedlings are available for pre-order now and start shipping in Spring 2019 when they say they are ready [TBD]. If you’d like to delay shipment to May or even June of 2019, please specify that date in a follow up email after placing your order.