[a.k.a. Norway Pine]
A long-needled fast growing pine, Red Pine reach heights of up to 120 feet, with a bare trunk reaching over halfway up the tree as it reaches maturity. Their needles are up to 6 inches long, making for a very tall tree with a “crown” of branches and needles at the top.
Often found growing in sandy soils and rocky terrain, Red Pine adapt well to very poor soil and can live as long as 400 years. It does not tolerate shade, but does tolerate high winds and drier soils, and is naturally resistant to common needle blights.
Red Pine are often planted for forest and wildlife habitat, and are common in most Northern States. This handy species of pine should be viewed as the swiss army knife of evergreen trees, and a good addition to many landscapes.
PLANT THESE PLUG TRANSPLANTS IN RECORD TIME:
Watch how to plant evergreen plug transplants fast and with less effort than any “bare root” evergreen transplant of a similar size. With just a cordless drill and our plug transplant bulb auger, you can realistically plant 50 to 100 trees per hour without breaking your back. You can buy this auger on the cheap with tree purchase, but with any order of 50 plug transplants or more [pls read that again, this offer is not for plug seedlings] we’ll include the auger for FREE!
Red Pine plug transplants: characteristics and info
• prefers hardiness zones 3-6
• prefers full sun to partial shade
• mature height and spread: up to 120 ft high, 15-25 ft spread
• prefers sandy soils, light soils, rocky soils, does well in poor soils
• Penn State detailed info on Pinus resinosa
• Red Pine Sizes and Availability:
--- Red Pine plug seedlings [pre-order now for Spring 2019]
--- Red Pine plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
--- Red Pine conservation grade plug transplants [sold out till Fall 2019]
• order using the green e-commerce buttons (if visible), or use our evergreen mailorder form or our custom invoice request form
• Comparable alternative species: Austrian Pine, Eastern White Pine, and Ponderosa Pine. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide
Prices below include all shipping and handling and a one year guarantee*:
5-pack for $47.00 (5 evergreen plug transplants)
10-pack for $72.00 (10 evergreen plug transplants)
25-pack for $155.00 (25 evergreen plug transplants)
50-pack for $274.00 (50 evergreen plug transplants)