[a.k.a White Fir]
The Concolor Fir (or White Fir) is somewhat similar in general appearance to the Colorado Blue Spruce, meaning it is a very attractive tree with a medium greenish blue color. However, the needle structure is quite different, being much longer and very soft with a very nice aroma. Concolor Fir are fast growing, can grow as high as 150 feet and live over 300 years. They are a gorgeous ornamental evergreen, and are popular for use as Christmas trees.
FOR SALE, NOW SHIPPING
Quick Checkout: [about these links]
5-pack of Concolor Fir plug transplants >> $47.00
10-pack of Concolor Fir plug transplants >> $72.00
25-pack of Concolor Fir plug transplants >> $155.00
50-pack of Concolor Fir plug transplants >> $274.00 + free auger
* all prices include shipping and a one year guarantee*
Concolor are widely used as ornamental trees and thrive all over the Eastern US, and grow naturally from the Rocky Mountains all the way to the West Coast. Its cones are about 4 inches long on average, and point up instead of down as with most other evergreens.
Concolor Fir are shade tolerant, and grow on both moist loamy soils and drier sandy soils. If you’re not familiar with this species [a.k.a. White Fir], it can definitely surprise you with its natural beauty.
Concolor Fir: characteristics and options:• prefers hardiness zones 3-7
• prefers full sun to partial shade
• mature height and spread: up to 70 ft high, 25 ft spread
• prefers rich soils, sandy loamy soils, and does well in clay soils
• Wikipedia info on Abies concolor
• Concolor Fir Sizes and Availability:
--- Concolor Fir seedlings [FOR SALE, NOW SHIPPING]
--- Concolor Fir transplants [FOR SALE, NOW SHIPPING]
--- Concolor Fir plug seedlings [available in Spring 2020]
--- Concolor Fir plug transplants [FOR SALE, shipping begins Oct 21, 2019]
• Comparable alternative species: Balsam Fir, Canaan Fir, Douglas Fir, and Fraser Fir. Confused about species? Check out our Evergreen Tree Buyers Guide